To get to the Import page, log into your FillZ account and click on Start then Import
you can use this page to upload (import) your inventory from a file on your computer to your FillZ account. The online system can accept files up to 20MB. If your file is larger than this, please ZIP or Gzip your file before attempting to upload it.
We can support imports in the following formats:
AOB Amazon-Tab Separated Amazon Standard Book BookHound BookaZine FillZ Inventory Loader FillZ Product Detail Loader Format HomeBase 2.x Monsoon Seller Engine SquareOne UIEE
Formats in italics are in Beta-test. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Using this Page:
- Select the Format of your File from the drop down list.
- Make sure the appropriate decimal separator for your prices is selected from the drop down (if your prices are in US Dollars, you should select (period), if your prices are in Pounds you may need to select (comma), depending on the data in your import file).
- Click on the 'Browse' button and find the file on your computer.
- Click on one of the three buttons below:
Test Only - This button is just that - a test. By using this feature you will see a status report of what would be added/modified/purged if an actual file was uploaded. This feature does not actually change your inventory.
Add/Modify/Delete - You can use this button if you are uploading a file of adds/modifies/deletes. Please note that if you wish to increase the quantity of an item, that you will need to use the Advanced Import page instead.
Purge and Replace - This button will remove any items from FillZ that are not in the file you are uploading, as well as doing adds/modifies.
- IMPORTANT: This page will not allow you to increase the quantity of items that are already listed in FillZ. These SKUs still remain in your inventory, with quantity of 0 (you can see this if you search your inventory for SKUs with quantity of 0 (=0)). This is a safety net to prevent you from re-listing previously sold items by mistake. If you initiate a purge/replace via an import, and there are SKUs in the replacement file that were purged, those SKUs will not be added. If you upload a file containing SKUs that were previously deleted from your inventory, those SKUs will also not be added. In order to add SKUS that were deleted or removed, you will want to use the Advanced Import page - making sure to mark the "Allow quantity increase" box.
- If you import a file that has a lesser quantity than what is already in FillZ for a SKU, we will replace the quantity in FillZ with the quantity in your file.
- Ensure that the value in the quantity field has no decimal places.
- If you are deleting (purging) more than 25% of your FillZ inventory, you will need to use the Advanced Import page and mark the "Override safety" box.
- Please refrain from uploading double quotes. Our system may reject items that have double quotes. Single quotes are ok.
- If you have a large file, please use ZIP or Gzip to compress the file first.
- If uploading a Seller Engine file, please make sure you use the SE export feature. SE database files with extension .dat will not work.
- When importing from a spreadsheet, make sure to export from the spreadsheet in tab-delimited text format.
This page also contains links to do the following special imports:
Back to Guide