- Low commission fees – just a % of sales that varies by category
- You can submit an application to BNBQ by clicking here.
- For information about BNBQ's Authorized seller Program, click here
- You will need to request SFTP credentials to list on BNBQ through FillZ. Once you've opened a seller account, contact Barnes & Noble Seller Relations by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 866-897-1763 (Toll Free) to request SFTP credentials. If you are contacting us from outside the United States, please call 201-559-3890. Hours of Operation: 8AM – 6.30 PM (ET), Monday through Friday. It typically takes 1 to 3 days for BNBQ to assign SFTP credentials.
- BNBQ accepts movies, music, and books.
- You can confirm orders on BNBQ through FillZ. You must move the orders to "Shipped" in order for a confirmation to be exported to B&N.
- Confirmation emails will not be sent to BNBQ buyers when orders are moved to "Shipped" status in FillZ. Cancellation and Deferral emails will go out if you move orders to these statuses.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Store names must be unique and can contain up to 30 characters.
- E-mail addresses must be unique.
- Sellers cannot re-use an e-mail address or store name from a previous BNBQ account
Configuring and Activating BNBQ in FillZ
For instructions on configuring and activating BNBQ in FillZ, please click here.
Note: If you have initiated a purge/replace on B&N, it may take up to 24 hours before your item count updates in the "Seller Manager" area of your account; however, listings will be indexed for buyers to purchase quickly after B&N receives the purge file.
- Sellers must maintain an inventory of at least 250 listings.
- All listings must be priced between $0.01 and $2500.
- Any new item you have for sale that is also listed by BN.com can't be priced higher than the BN.com price, unless the item is a First Edition or is signed by the author.
- All listings must have unique SKUs. SKUs can't be reused.
- All listings must have a condition.
- All listings must have either a valid ISBN/UPC or a title. If the book is published with an ISBN, the seller must provide the ISBN with the listing.
- All listings must include a description in the Notes field.
- Contact information, terms of sale, or return policies are not permitted in the description field.
- International Editions must be listed with the International Edition ISBN and not the corresponding domestic editions' ISBN. Sellers must clearly state "International Edition" in the description.
- Print on Demand titles must clearly state "Print on Demand Edition" in the description.
- Sellers aren't permitted to provide duplicate copies for any item.
- Orders must be processed by the end of the second business day. BNBQ will automatically reject orders not accepted or rejected by 10pm Eastern Time on the second business day.
- Sellers may not negotiate item price or shipping after an order has been placed.
- Sellers must maintain a fulfillment rate above 85%. Sellers that do not meet this requirement for three consecutive months will be removed. If a seller's account is closed due to fulfillment, the seller will be eligible to reapply after 6 months.
- To access BNBQ packing slips, please click on the green BNBQ order number link when you are looking at the order in FillZ. FillZ does not send confirmation emails for Barnes and Noble orders, Barnes and Noble sends these notices for you.
- All orders must be shipped within two business days.
- Sellers must ensure each customer receives his/her item within the timeframe associated with the level of shipping service selected.
- Sellers must use BNBQ packing slips for orders (see below) in order to display all of the information BNBQ requires to be on them.
- Shipping: All sellers are expected to offer Standard Domestic shipping (4 to 14 business days)
- Express Domestic - 3 to 6 business days
- Canadian - 6 to 20 business days
- International - 4 to 6 weeks
- Please click here to see the BNBQ shipping allowances.
- BNBQ recommends that sellers raise the price of heavy items to cover any additional shipping costs associated with those items.
- Buyers cannot be denied a refund for lost shipment if the item has not been received within the selected timeframe plus an additional 7 business days, even if the seller has purchased tracking, insurance, or delivery confirmation. Sellers must file a claim for the lost shipment with the carrier involved in order to recover damages.
If you would like more information on Barnes and Nobles Policies, please click here.