Getting Started on Alibris:
To review Alibris' "Getting Started" FAQ, click here.
To join Alibris, click here.
- Alibris has several partner programs: Barnes & Noble, Borders, Books-a-Million, Chapters/Indigo, Blackwell's, Buy.com and Ingram.
- Alibris requires that sellers use Alibris as the return address for items shipped. This means sellers should normally use their packing slip.
- Alibris supports used, rare, collectible and new books. They also support music and movie products.
- They accept any format including: hardback, paperback and audio books, CDs, vinyl records, cassettes, VHS tapes, DVDs, laser-discs, and more. Since eBooks are considered software, they do not support the sale of eBooks. They support: Non-ISBN/zShop/non-catalog items.
- Alibris does not allow drop-shipping.
- Alibris has a minimum listing price of $0.99. Items priced below this value will still be uploaded to Alibris, but Alibris will increase the price to $0.99.
- If you have the word "highlighter" in your description and use a condition above "Good", Alibris will automatically downgrade your condition.
- For third party services that connect to Alibris (such as FillZ), orders are retrieved through EDI. When Alibris enables EDI in a seller's account, order e-mail notifications will stop. Sellers can still log into Alibris to see orders through the Seller Hub.
- When you activate Alibris through FillZ, we automatically email Alibris to request that they turn on EDI for your account. FillZ won't be able to retrieve any orders until Alibris turns this on. We ask that you process orders directly on Alibris until they start coming into FillZ, as we will only be able to retrieve orders that are received AFTER EDI is turned on.
- Order confirmation is done through Alibris' EDI, any rejected order confirmations will be emailed directly to the sellers. Please keep an eye out for these emails.
- Alibris doesn't accept spaces in SKUs, and they will remove any spaces automatically
Under "Preferences" -> "Your Account" in your Alibris account, please ensure that you have "Standard-data upload" selected. If you have "Skinny upload" selected, FillZ files exported to this marketplace will not be processed correctly.
- If you are using the checkbox "Enable auto-confirmation on marketplace(when order moved to 'In-Process')" FillZ will confirm the order as it is moved to "In Process". If this checkbox is not set, FillZ will confirm Alibris orders when they are moved to "Shipped" status in FillZ.
- We automatically filter the word 'ship' if it is in your notes field when sending data to Alibris, as per their request. Alibris has policies against sellers from adding statements about their shipping.
- If this checkbox is not checked, the orders will be confirmed a few hours after the order is moved to "Shipped."
- If an order isn't confirmed in 48 business hours, Alibris cancels it.
- We recommend that you use the Alibris packing slip, since Alibris has specific requirements regarding this. To use the Alibris packing slip, find the order in FillZ and click on the envelope image. This will pop up a page displaying the packing slip that is within your Alibris account so you can print it and meet Alibris' requirements.
- If you want to add extra information about your listings, we recommend that you add it to "Additional Attributes."
- Barnes and Noble orders are retrieved by FillZ; however, we don't receive the order numbers. Users can process Barnes & Noble orders through FillZ; they are just difficult to track.
- Alibris' "Consolidated Orders" that are to be delivered to foreign addresses come up with "Unknown Address" in FillZ. This is a known issue and we are working on a fix.
- Please note: Every once in a while FillZ will receive an order from Alibris 3 or more days after the order was originally placed. We will automatically mark these orders as
*** N/A ***! so you will know to investigate them before shipping (ensure the order has not been cancelled). You will need to manually lower the quantity of the item if you are able to confirm the sale. Alibris has been informed of this problem.
- If you have a multiple item Alibris order and want to look it up on the Orders page in FillZ, you need to search with the Alibris order number for the first item in the order (it will end in -1).
- Example: To find both Alibris order numbers 12345678-1 and 12345678-2 in FillZ, you need to search for 12345678-1 on the Orders page.
Activating Your Alibris Settings in FillZ:
- For instructions on configuring and activating Alibris in FillZ, please click here.
Translation of Amazon condition codes for Alibris:
11 => 'New'
1 => 'Fine'
2 => 'Very Good'
3 => 'Good'
4 => 'Fair'
5 => 'Fine'
6 => 'Very Good'
7 => 'Good'
8 => 'Fair'
9 => '--'
10 => '--'