How to Become a Seller on Half.com
Click on the following link for more information on how you can become a seller on Half.com:
- Owned by eBay
- Doesn’t accept non-catalog (a.k.a. zshop). All items must have ISBN or UPC to be matched to catalog.
- There is no way to do an automated purge. There is also no way for a third-party provider to get inventory listings to do a "semi-automated" purge. Therefore a manual purge mechanism has to be implemented by third-party providers.
- Click here to review Listing Policies.
- If you are a new seller on Half.com, you will be unable to list more than 2 copies of an item until you have a seller rating of at least 10.
- Listing Policies
- Selling Practices
- Must have eBay active
- Doesn’t have user supply password, so user has to click on activation link (on eBay)
- Half.com minimum price is $0.75
- It isn't required to change the orders to "shipped", however you can if you want to. If you want to cancel the order you do have to go to the site directly & change the status.
- We use eBay API to send inventory updates and format is not applicable. As soon as you set up eBay and Half in your setting, we can start exporting inventory there.
- Items such as video games, books, movies, and music that have belonged to video rental stores or libraries must be rated no higher than GOOD.
To use Half with FillZ, you must have an active eBay token. If you have already activated your eBay token through FillZ, please sign into your FillZ account, and click on "Settings"->"Marketplaces," then proceed to step #7.
- Sign into your FillZ account, and click on "Settings"->"Marketplaces"->"Configuration for eBay".
- To activate your eBay link, scroll to the bottom of the page, and then click on 'Activate link with eBay'.
- You will be redirected to eBay and asked to sign in. After you sign into your eBay account, you will be asked if you would like to allow FillZ access. Click on "I agree".
- You will then see a message stating that activation of the token has been completed. Near the bottom of the message there is a link to go to the Half configuration page. Click on 'Half'.
- Review your settings and make any necessary changes. If you make changes, be sure to click "Save".
Please click here for information about the settings on this page.
- Click on "Back to List" at the top of the page.
- Click on "Activate" under "Configuration for Half".
- Click on "Confirm Activate and Purge for Half.com".
- Now scroll down to "Configuration for Half.com" and click on "Manual Purge".
- If your Half.com account doesn't have any inventory in it, check the box beside "I am not providing an inventory snapshot file" then click "Submit File".
- If your Half.com account does have inventory in it, please follow the steps on the page.
- As mentioned above, we can't obtain an inventory listing file to compare against. Therefore we implement a manual purge, which requires the seller to obtain an inventory snapshot.
- Only one Inventory Snapshot can be downloaded per day. If you try to download more than one, you will receive an error message: "We have received your download request but cannot process it at this time. Sellers are only able to request 1 inventory snapshot per 24 hour period."
- Half orders sometimes shows pending, but on Half looks complete. Because we don't receive correct pending/complete info from Half, however, we believe that the "pending" status is bogus and can be ignored.
- Half generates invalid CSV file format for inventory snapshots when the descriptions contain quotes. This will cause FillZ to display "Could not parse line #3215" (for example) when the snapshot file is uploaded. The items in question will remain in your inventory even after the purge.