Important Things You Need to Know
- NEVER reuse a SKU. SKUs must be unique or you will run into problems.
- NEVER change the condition of an existing listing. You should close the listing and open a new listing instead.
- If you want to increase the quantity of an existing SKU, you will need to do an advanced import page and select the appropriate option.
- Auto re-pricing – items can be sent to marketplaces before the script has been run and the prices have been adjusted. We recommend using high base prices to avoid receiving sales at a loss.
- Read over the reports after importing files. If you changed something and the report isn’t indicating that what you changed has been updated in your inventory, it might not have changed. Check some items on the "Inventory" page if you are unsure.
- Always run a new script in test mode with the "verbose" box checked to ensure the results are what you are looking for.
- If selling on Abe and/or Alibris, it’s best to check the “Enable auto-confirmation on marketplace (when order moved to 'In-Process')” box in the settings page when you are configuring these marketplaces. Please note that you will need to move the orders to “In Process” in order for FillZ to confirm the orders. You will be notified when you try to do this if there is a problem with an order
- If an order cannot be fulfilled, or if it needs to be cancelled, you must move the order to the “Cancelled” folder in FillZ before the 2nd of the next month to ensure you aren’t charged commission on the sale. You will also need to log into your account on the particular marketplace to issue a refund to the buyer/cancel the actual marketplace order. (
- When entering an item into FillZ that doesn’t have an ISBN/ASIN/UPC, you will need to provide the publisher year in order for the item to be accepted by Amazon (as well as the expected title, author, media, and publisher fields). This can be added by an import in the FillZ Inventory Loader format under the header “pubdate”, or on the Inventory->Single Item->Switch to Non-Catalog Item page under Additional Attributes like this: PBYR|1975
- Fees - You can add a credit card to the Settings->FillZ Billing page for automatic monthly payments. Alternatively, you can go to Settings->FillZ Billing and use the PayPal link to pay by PayPal. Please note that you must use the PayPal link in your FillZ account in order for your payment to be automatically applied to your account. Also, should there ever be a problem with a payment (such as a credit card expiring), you will be sent an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISBN Consolidation – If you have multiple copies of the same ISBN/ASIN/UPC in the same condition listed under different SKUs in FillZ, it might be against marketplace policies to list them this way. FillZ offers ISBN consolidation to remedy this. For information about ISBN consolidation, please click here.
- The weights that appear on the Postage page are for a single copy. If you have two copies of an item, you will need to manually double the weight you see on the postage page to have the appropriate shipping options. Please note that if you've doubled a weight for an item, it will stay that way if the item is ordered again, so you should always weigh your items to ensure the weights are close to what FillZ displays.
- N/A items - This means that you need to take a close look at the order and check to see if you have any in stock as FillZ sees a problem. We will not send out deletes or quantity updates for orders that are N/A. Should you have copies in stock and want to ship them, you will need to update the quantity of the item in FillZ so we can update the other marketplaces.
- Re-skuing your inventory with a purge and replace will delete your inventory from the marketplace and re-send the listings with the new SKus. Please note that you will incur listing fees on eBay if the items are re-listed with the new SKUs.
- SKUs - Please do not put spaces in your SKUs. While this is currently accepted by FillZ, not all marketplaces support this. Some marketplaces may remove the spaces, resulting in FillZ not being able to allocate items to orders received.
Alibris note: When Alibris is configured through FillZ we automatically email Alibris to request that they enable EDI for the account. This is what allows FillZ to retrieve orders. Until Alibris turns this on and we retrieve your first order, there is no way for FillZ to pick up your orders. Please keep an eye on your Alibris account and process your orders directly on the marketplace until the first order appears in FillZ.