Configuring Postage Settings:
You can configure your Postage Settings if you have access to an Endicia Premium (DAZzle) account. To begin, log into your FillZ account and click on Settings. Scroll down the page to the Postage section.
- Layout file path field will be overridden with what you have configured in your DAZzle software.
- Max weight to auto-upgrade to First Class - Fill in a weight if you would like to limit shipments that are sent first class
- Delivery Confirmation - You can have this set to "Only for Priority" or for All orders. If you set it to All orders you can use the
- Minimum order total for non-Priority Delivery Confirm field on the line below to limit order amounts that get delivery confirmation, if you don't want it on for all orders.
- Default weight - If FillZ can't provide a weight for an item, or you have global weight estimates turned off and you haven't provided your own weights, then you can set the default weight that we will display. We recommend you fill this in with a zero if FillZ is providing weights so it will be easy to know if we are unable to find the weight for an item.
- Do not use global weight estimates - FillZ will automatically download weights for items from Amazon and pad them by 10% to help cover shipping materials. If you don't want us to provide this data, check this box.
- Default Priority to Flat Rate - Check this box if you would like to default priority to flat rate shipping.
- Estimate postage from Zip code - If you fill your Zip code into this box, FillZ will be able to estimate the cost of shipping your orders to the buyers using different postage methods so you can easily decide how to ship your orders. This data comes from USPS.
- Maximum postage batch size (number of orders) - By default the postage will only show 25 orders. This is what happens if you do not fill a number into this field. If you have a large volume of sales and would like to print postage for more orders at a time, you can change this number. The maximum number you can enter into this field is 400.
Please move any orders that you would like to print postage for to "In Process" status on the "Orders" page.
We recommend that you separate domestic and international orders.
- In FillZ click "Orders" then "Postage."
- Un-check any orders for which you do not intend to print postage.
- Enter the weight and click "Review Mail Method." FillZ automatically calculates the cheapest mailing solution even if you don't click this button. The estimate is based on the Zip Code provided when you configured your account.
- If you want to choose your own mailing method, click "Review Mail Method" before proceeding, otherwise the figure we calculated for you will be used as your default postage rate.
- Review the result and choose your own mailing method. Press the "Print Test Postage" or "Print Real Postage" and most browsers will ask you to save the file. Click Save, do not click Open. A file called postage.xml will be saved to your computer.
Please note: If you wish to add tracking numbers to your confirmation emails, please ensure you remove the check mark from the box beside "set status to shipped & send confirm".
- Start the Endicia DAZzle program on your computer.
- If you're printing domestic postage, choose "File" -> "Print from External file."
- If you're printing international postage, click on "File" ->"Open Layout", select an international label, then choose "File" -> "Print from External file."
- Open the "Files of type" pull-down menu at the bottom of the dialogue window. Choose Text, XML Format. Select postage.xml and print.
- Endicia will then ask you to save an output file (postage-output.xml). If you use tracking numbers, then be sure to save this file so you can upload it to FillZ.
- If you un-checked the "Set status to shipped & send confirm" box then no email confirmation will be sent at this point. Orders on the page will remain "In Process." You can change statuses to "Shipped" manually on the Order page. A confirmation email will then be sent at that time.
- You can upload your tracking numbers in bulk with your Endicia Output file by going to the Postage page in FillZ and clicking on the 'browse' button to browse your computer for the Result file Endicia generated. Once you have found the file, click "Upload Endicia Result File." At this time you can choose the option to send a confirmation email that will include tracking information for the customer (check the box that reads: "Set status to shipped & send confirm" beside the "Upload Endicia Result File").
- We are not responsible for misprinted postage. Please print test postage and review the postage file before printing real postage.
- The weights we offer are estimates (we get them from Amazon and mark them up by a percentage to help cover packaging). If you don't want us to estimate weights for items, you can turn this feature of under the Dazzle settings on the "Settings"->"My Account" page of your FillZ account.
- The weights that appear are for a single copy. If you have two copies of an item, you will need to manually double the weight you see on the postage page to have the appropriate shipping options. Please note that if you've doubled a weight for an item, it will stay that way if the item is ordered again, so you should always weigh your items to ensure the weights are close to what FillZ displays
- element found at line..."
Solution: If you receive this error message while trying to upload your Postage Results, please try opening the file in a web browser to ensure that it is a valid .XML file. If it does not open in the web browser, please contact Endicia Support.
- "Unable to obtain the customs declaration ID. The Postal Server returned the error: Sender phone number is invalid. Supply a 10-digit number without punctuation."
Solution: Contact Endicia. Sender phone number is not accepted by Dazzle in XML files. However, Recipient phone number is acceptable.
- You can configure the following Rubber Stamps in Endicia Dazzle:
1. In Dazzle click on "Insert"-> "Rubber Stamp".
2. In the "Address list link" section, put a check mark beside "Link to Address List Field"
3. Click on the drop down list and select the rubber stamp number you want to add and click "OK", then place it wherever you want
the rubber stamp to be displayed on the postage.
RubberStamp1 - The FillZ Order #.
RubberStamp2 - The Title for the first item.
RubberStamp3 - The Author for the first item.
RubberStamp4 - The Marketplace name and Order # for the order.
RubberStamp5-9 - The SKU, Title, Author and Note for items 2-6 in the order.
RubberStamp10 - This will show "more items.." if more than 6 items exist in the order.
RubberStamp90 - Shipping class.
RubberStamp91 - All of the SKUs in the order on one line.
- For more information on Rubber Stamps, please contact Endicia.